If you are planning to have an abortion, it is very important for your health and safety to first have a pre-abortion screening. There is never a cost to you for pre-abortion screenings with First Care. This screening includes:
- Pregnancy Test administered by a medical professional
- Ultrasound to determine the location of the pregnancy, gestational age (how far along you are), and viability of the pregnancy
- STI Testing – A sexually transmitted infection that is not treated before you have an abortion can increase your risks of developing Pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID). Know for sure with First Care Women’s Health.
- Hemoglobin Testing – If you are already anemic and have a medication abortion (abortion pill), your chances of needing a blood transfusion after the abortion increase due to the usual significant blood loss from the effects of the Misoprostol.
- Abortion Procedure Counseling – Has a medical professional explained the abortion procedure that correlates with your gestational age, including possible physiological and psychological risk factors?
- Options Counseling – You may feel that abortion is your only option, but true choice over your body requires exploring all of your options so that you can make a fully informed decision that is right for you.